Friday, February 14, 2014

I didn’t abuse Evra —Suarez

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has claimed the accusations regarding his race row with Patrice Evra were totally untrue. The Uruguay international was given an eight-match ban in Dec. 2011 after the Football Association found him guilty of racially abusing the Manchester United left back. However, the Uruguayan says the two occasions he has bitten players are the only things he regrets, insisting the Evra mess was a drama that the media and FA exaggerated. “I’ve made two mistakes in my career: when I was playing for Ajax and I bit (Otman) Bakkal and what I did with (Branislav) Ivanovic (against Chelsea). Those were my mistakes and I asked for forgiveness,” Suarez told Sport890. “All the other things were like a movie that people in England believed in. Evra? That’s what I’m talking about. It wasn’t true. I was never accused with real evidence but that’s something people forget.” Suarez admits it has been difficult for Liverpool to “protect” him during his controversies but has been buoyed by the support from his teammates, in particular Steven Gerrard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CDC Adds 6 New Coronavirus Symptoms

CDC added six new symptoms to its official list of COVID-19 symptoms Sunday, as the medical community continues to report new presentatio...