Saturday, April 30, 2016

My Marriage with Tee Billz is over- Tiwa Savage



Finally, singer Tiwa Savage, has opened up to say her own side of the issues she has in her marriage.
Earlier in the week, her husband, Tee Billz, had gone on a social media rant, accusing his wife of infidelity and so many other issues.
But in an emotional  video interview with Pulse.ng.com, the singer revealed she had been miserable in her marriage for a long time.

Tiwa said she didn’t really know about what her husband had said online but what mattered to her most was that he should be found alive because he was suicidal.
“I just wanted him to be found and make sure he was okay. I couldn’t respond to anything because I didn’t know the extent of what he had said because somebody had actually taken my phone away because they didn’t want me to see what was said online. I was just scared for his life, I was just panicking.  We were in my bedroom, It was around 11am that Banky’s mum came and we were praying. I know his family in LA were praying as well. We got the call that he was found on Lekki Bridge and he was brought to Banky’s house.”
Tiwa, who said there had been crack in the marriage for a long time, also said she had been covering up in order for the public not to know the issues in her marriage.
“I knew our anniversary was coming. For the past two  months, Tee J (as he is also called) and I have not been together and I knew this marriage wasn’t going to work. It has been like that. I didn’t know if I should post (about the anniversary) and keep up appearances and I didn’t know if I shouldn’t post and face reality.
“I have not spoken to him for a week, he had left the house. We were supposed to get some documents for my son. We were supposed to get his passport. I was calling him on Sunday because the interview was on Monday. He was reading the messages and he wasn’t responding.  I even told him we should try and be friends for our son’s sake and keep whatever is happening between us away from our son. He didn’t respond,  I left it.”
Tiwa said she realised her marriage was over when she lost her pregnancy recently and her husband didn’t care about her health.
“I have covered up for a lot of hurt in our relationship. I was in Jamaica recently and just before then, I found out I was pregnant again and we discussed it and we were trying to find out how we would manage the situation. That morning, I was supposed to do the shoot, I started bleeding uncontrollably. I panicked and I called him. I took pictures and sent to him. I passed out and I was rushed to hospital. I had complications. I tried to reach him and I couldn’t get him. I was discharged from the hospital and I still tried to reach him, he didn’t call to find out what happened.
“I got back to Nigeria, I was sleeping and somebody was calling him. He saved the number as ‘Edible caterer’, I wondered why a catering service would be calling him at 2am. As a woman, I picked it up and I went though his phone and I saw a long whatsapp conversation with the same person that has the number saying ‘can we meet at the hotel?’  The last message I saw was that she said ‘I had to leave at 7am, you were sleeping when I left. He responded with ‘wow, because you knocked me out last night. It was a great night’.
“ I woke him up and I asked him what was going on. I asked him if this happened on our bed, he said it was in a hotel. I asked him if he took another woman to a hotel and he said yes but nothing happened that they were chilling. He wanted me to believe that. The thing that hurt me most was that this happened when I was in Jamaica and I was in the hospital. He was busy in a hotel while I was in a hospital and he couldn’t find out what happened to me. At this point, I packed my stuff and took my son and went to my friend’s house. She asked me what is the next step and I told her I was done.”
Tiwa said she had to sack him as her manager because he was stealing from her.
“I will never deny that he hustle d and worked hard for me. Our policy is that you don’t go for event until you are paid in full. He booked me for a show in London and I was already in London. I called the accountant to find out if the people had paid and he said no. I called Tee J and I told him they had not paid and he said I should go ahead and perform. So I pulled the guy aside and asked him what was happening  as per payment and he asked me what I  was  talking about that they had paid about four months ago and they paid into Tee J’s personal account. They even paid more than what Tee J declared. He didn’t feel anything, he was stealing from his wife. He didn’t see it as stealing. I had to perform at the wedding for free.”
Concerning the allegation that she had slept with some musicians including Don Jazzy, Dr. Sid and Tuface, Tiwa swore she was never unfaithful to her husband.
“I will say for the records, I have never cheated on my husband, NEVER! Not with Don Jazzy, Tuface, Dr. Sid, not with anybody and I am willing to take a lie detector test for this. He knows this is true.
 “It is not my fault that he has been struggling financially. But he messed up, he started stealing from me. I wanted to save my marriage and I had to separate business from family. He wants to live a life that is not true. He went to buy a Mercedes that he didn’t have the money for. He paid for it in part and I ended up paying the balance because the owner of the car was calling. I didn’t want people to look down on my man. I wanted people to feel that my husband is taking care of me. I put the money in his account so that people would think he paid for things but he went and bought a Rolex watch and he still didn’t pay for the car. People were always threatening me because of his debts. I would always find a way to find money to pay up the debts, he was clubbing and spending money on drinks and he would leave the tab and they will call me and I will pay.”

Source: Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

CDC Adds 6 New Coronavirus Symptoms

CDC added six new symptoms to its official list of COVID-19 symptoms Sunday, as the medical community continues to report new presentatio...